Child protection and safeguarding procedures are of the upmost importance at Ivy House School. Child protection is defined as safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children by:
- Protecting children from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- Ensuring children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care: and
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Everyone working in, or for our school, shares an objective to help keep children and young people safe by contributing to:
- Providing a safe environment for children and young people to learn in education settings;
- Identifying children who may be in need of extra help, or are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, and taking the appropriate action, working with other services as needed.
We will ensure that parents and our partner agencies are aware of our child protection policy by ensuring that it is displayed in school reception area/s, by raising awareness at initial meetings with parents of new pupils and at parent teacher meetings and ensuring that it is on the school website.
Designated Safeguarding Leads
Lead DSL Gary Coffey
Deputy DSL Lucy Guppy
Deputy DSL Claire Porter
(Lead Practitioner: Safeguarding & Pastoral)
You can contact a DSL by using the school's phone number, during normal opening hours (8:00am-5:00pm). Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
If you require a DSL during school holidays and out of term time, then you should send an email to the address above and include 'URGENT' in the subject line. Please note, that it may not be possible to respond on the same day.